Sunday, February 13, 2005

11: 54 AM Sunday, February 13, 2005

We have SUNSHINE this morning in the Arizona desert! However it’s not real warm, only in the low 50s but that’s okay … at last it’s dry! More rain is forecast beginning on Thursday but for today, I can see cloudless blue skies out the MH window beside my computer and there is no wind … what a concept for this neck of the woods! If I’m lucky, a cute little jackrabbit with huge stand up ears and long back legs will hop by on his way to his hidey-hole below the little tree outside our coach door so I have my peripheral vision on alert. The mature and fenced cactus garden along the other side our coach is overrun with many flying birds of all sizes flitting from feeder to feeder and includes some ground feeding species like the busy little covey of quail and cooing gray doves that stop by every day. The other day I saw a small brown critter scurrying around which might have been a small prairie dog but he was gone so fast, I didn’t get a good look. Even with homes and recreation vehicles scattered about as far as we can see in all directions, the desert appears to be unaffected and continues to do it’s own thing … a wondrous sight to behold I might add. When the sun shines it is absolutely beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment