Thursday, September 02, 2004

8:30 AM Monday, August 30, 2004

My sister, Robin and her husband, Walt stopped by yesterday afternoon on their way out of town; they are returning to CA. They won't know when they will return to WA until they get to Pleasanton and reassess their calendar. They are the busiest retirees I know ... always on the go. They dropped off a welcome accumulation of plastic bags (for our garage sale) and Walt left the key to his pickup so we can use it to haul construction and cleanup debris to the landfill. ** I received an e-mail from my cousin, Sharon in Manchester, TN this morning. Prefacing a comprehensive explanation about the roller coaster of emotions that the parents of a handicapped child experience, it contained a note explaining what her daughter, Tina and son-in-law, Wayne have recently been told about their handsome baby boy, Jimmy. Her heartbreak is palpable as she wrote, " ... our beautiful Jimmy Levi suffers from Severe Visual Impairment (he is cortically blind). I just can't imagine Tina and Wayne's feelings." My heart goes out to Sharon and her family and again, I count my blessings in regard to the health of my immediate family, my own grandchildren and great granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment