Sunday, September 05, 2004

8:25 AM Sunday, September 5, 2004

Whew! The pressure is on ... just 12 days until our garage sale and only 24 days of work to get done in that length of time ;-)! I'm feeling the crunch as I painstakingly sort through my office ... I have priceless info and pictures filed in every nook and cranny. I've emptied and culled three double drawer file cabinets plus six folding file boxes. Only one, two drawer file cabinet left to sort through. Big job! About half of the family notebooks have found a spot on board the motorhome; the other half will be put in the genealogy trunks we'll carry in the back of the pickup. I haven't told you about the trunks. They are the rectangular shaped footlocker type trunks available at Wal*Mart. I bought them in like-new condition for half price at a garage sale our friends, Sandy and Ray held a month or so ago. Gloria told me about them and sure enough, they were perfect for my needs. I have four that fit snuggly in the bed of our Ford Ranger leaving plenty of room for other things. If truth be told, I could have used another four but that is just not going to happen so I've ruthlessly sorted and culled to fit the space I have. This purging is possible because of the Internet. Most of that information is readily available online today.** Les and Gloria have fed us dinner the past two nights! What a wonderful gift of time not to mention the delicious fare ~ chicken breasts night before last and perfectly baked Alaskan salmon last night. This delicious fish was hand delivered to Les by our friend, Greg (who lives in AK and caught it on July 4th). Delicious! ** The newest news at Gloria and Les's house is the addition of two adorable bundles of fur. Eight week old Shihtzu littermates, one male and one female, have joined the family. Neither have a name yet but I'm voting for "Wookie" for the male and "Princess Leah" for the little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment