Thursday, September 02, 2004

1:00 PM Thursday, September 2, 2004

Sorry about the mix up in the days below ... Phil says I must have had a "senior moment." Ha! Ya think? I'm preoccupied with the weather news as the fury of "Frances" bears down on the East coast of Florida. My cousins (Eddie and his wife, Anita in Boynton Beach and his sister, Ginny and her husband, Wayne in Okeechobee) must be busy battening down the hatches or maybe even heading north for higher ground. Either way, my thoughts are with them and I hope they are able to stay safe and dry until this hurricane spins itself out. ** I'm still slugging away at paring down my worldly possessions to an acceptable size that will fit into our rolling home. I have few "personal" items (my computers and sewing machine are about it) but my precious pictures and genealogy files (that didn't find their way to CD as planned) are going to test my ingenuity as far as finding space for them. ** Our new glass for the entry windows (there's a picture of them below) arrived today so Phil is busy replacing the cracked and broken plastic ones ... can you believe they were temporary 30 years ago? ** Yesterday, Phil put together his special spaghetti sauce and let it simmer in the crock pot all afternoon so Gloria (who really loves Phil's recipe) and Les joined us for dinner. Our local grocery stores are still carrying some pretty good looking fruit so I put together another compote (we had it for dessert) as well as a tossed green salad and garlic bread. Gloria and I had our sauce over spaghetti squash that she brought down and we steamed in the microwave (yummy!) but the guys preferred regular spaghetti pasta. Just enough leftover for our dinner tonight. ** For two weeks I've been thinking about this special treat so today, using our new cast iron griddle, I cooked blueberry pancakes and link sausage for brunch. I ate mine with sugarfree syrup and they were delicious. Well, dear readers, ... time to get back to work! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment