Thursday, September 09, 2004

7:00 PM Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Here's a picture for you. My nose is pressed to the grindstone; my head is down; I'm hunched over my plethora of precious genealogy files and other office related possessions ... until my back aches and my neck is stiff ... does that look like fun to you? You're right, it isn't! It's taken me six days but I've honed my genealogy files to fit inside four large trunks and hopefully, I've kept all the important stuff and managed to not throw away anything that can't be replaced. I've filled a half dozen 33 gallon garbage bags and nearly worn out the shredder. Our small downstairs bedroom that we've used for an office all these years is a shambles but there is light at the end of the tunnel. It has been arguably the hardest room in the house to sort and empty but the worst of it is over. I'm really tired and extremely frustrated with myself that I haven't taken care of this purging over the years as I went along instead of waiting until now to do it all. Even today, after finally going through the last box, I'm want to explain why I haven't found the time for this important job. No excuses, no reasons, no explanation ... it just didn't get done, and what a job it was! Phil has been working in the garage and making good headway pricing all the tools, paint, nails, (Enough to open a small hardware store!) and other various garage-type stuff, that we've been adding to and storing there for the past 20 years. He too is wondering how two people could accumulate so much stuff. Our future minimalistic life is looking better by the minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment