Sunday, January 30, 2005

9:40 AM Sunday January 30, 2005

It's 40 degrees this morning here in AZ ... brrrrrr! However, the sun is up and shining brightly without a cloud in the sky so it will warm up fast. Now THIS is the ARIZONA we had envisioned. I'm up early to watch my favorite TV program, "Sunday Morning" on CBS (I've plugged that show so many times on my blog, I should be getting royalties) and as soon as Phil is up and around we'll head down the road and do some exploring. I think I hear him back there making the bed now. He has taken on that chore every day because the arthritis in my hands gives me a lot of pain when I try and manhandle our mattress in the tight quarters of our bedroom. Yes, dear readers, Phil takes good care of me (some might say he "spoils" me) and even though he occasionally receives some good natured ribbing about it from our friends, he knows I really appreciate him!
Here are some pictures of the fiberglas pole and my tyvek Blue Goose (Phil just told me I mistakenly called her a "snow" goose on the pictures ... he's looking at the blog on the laptop ... sorry, I'll fix that later) we purchased in QZ! With about a 3 foot wing span, she flutters in a soothing purr-like rhythm at the end of her tether (Sort of sounds like a playing card fastened to my bicycle tire bracket with a clothes pin ... remember that?) when there is a steady breeze. Friend, Don and I put her together from the instructions that were translated by someone who's first language is NOT English. With persistence, we figured it out while Phil attached the pole to the ladder. We decided to take her down yesterday during the big blow but will no doubt, put her back up today. The hype from the salesman intimated she could stay in one piece for about five years. I hope so because I think she's beautiful and I love her!
Don also bought a pole for the flags he had on board and soon had his up and flying as well.
The temperature has risen four degrees since I started writing ... Yes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi....is the Blue Goose a flag or kite type thing?? It looks terrific. I could spot you a longs ways off!

    ReplyDelete