Friday, November 12, 2004

7:25 PM Friday November 12, 2004

I really adore my little sister, Dixie. I was ten years old when she was born and had the ultimate pleasure of "playing" co-mama for the first five years of her life. That role ended when I ran off and got married at 15 years old but that's another story. Anyway, I thought I knew her pretty well until with the help of some of my dearest (and sneakiest) family and friends, she pulled off the ultimate surprise party for Phil and I on November 5th. We thought we were going to a small dinner party at her house but we walked in to a house full of people, some we hadn't seen in ten years and each time there was knock on the door more of our nearest and dearest came in until we numbered nearly 25 people. I was in a state of numb and so overcome with emotion at the wonderful turnout to wish us "happy trails" and "bon voyage" I'm sure I was acting strangely and the pictures don't do my euphoria justice but believe me, we were very pleased! The potluck buffet was bountiful, incredibly delicious and the beautiful cake says it all! Thank you dear sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment