Friday, November 26, 2004

3:45 PM Friday November 26, 2004

Wow! I slept late this morning and Phil was a quiet as a mouse so he wouldn't wake me. We had a late night full of laughter and reminiscing while enjoying a family Thanksgiving dinner at my niece, Tammy's new home between Shelton and Olympia. I have written about her many talents in my Christmas letters before and often described her as the "Hostess with the Mostess" in our clan. As a single parent of two, Andy 15 and Jessica 10, working full time for the State of WA and weekends at her friend's furniture store, she is a very busy person. A year or so ago, she had a beautiful new home built in the country on about five timbered acres and is in the process of having the landscaping done now. Besides enjoying a feast prepared by Tammy plus many delicious additions provided by various guests, Phil and I, my sister, Robin and my brother-in-law, Paul celebrated our birthdays as well. This has been a 19 year tradition since Phil and I discovered we shared the same birthday and we hosted the Thanksgiving dinner for many years. Over time, the group birthday has involved all the other birthdays in the family for November and December so no one was left out. This will be our final participation because we intend to be on the road at this time next year and if everything goes as planned, for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment