Sunday, September 30, 2007

3:19 pm Sunday, September 30, 2007

Apparently my blog has become a weekly series. I always hope to put fingers to keyboard (formerly known as putting pen to paper) more often and enjoy other blogs written daily, but for me (at least for now), that dedication seems beyond my capabilities.

From September 10 through 14, 2007 we chose this stop in Rapid City, SD because of the wonderful attractions located nearby and the fact that my maternal great grandmother who passed away 75 years ago spent three years of her life (1890-1893) not far away in Lead (City), under very stressful conditions. This history imparts strong family ties for me and whenever I am in the area I cannot help but feel closer to her. I will post a few pictures of modern day Lead and Deadwood.

Our visit to Crazy Horse Mountain was as wonderful this time as the last. Here are a some new shots to show you what it looks like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment