Sunday, September 16, 2007

11:53 am Sunday, September 16, 2007

Well, I have been lax about posting again … and I apologize to my faithful readers. The older I get, the more time it takes me to do EVERYTHING and we have been filling our days with sightseeing and family business since leaving White Sulphur Springs in Montana. I will begin to catch you up with photos following this blog entry. I know I sound like a broken record but I will try to do better in the future!

Recently we spent nearly a week in Wyoming. We had been there before back in 1990 when Phil and I went speeding through heading home after a 16 day “genealogy jaunt” that took us back to Missouri. At that time, I did not know I had family in the state.

Most everyone knows that Buffalo, Wyoming is on the way to Yellowstone National Park. Our reasons for stopping were more personal since I have a COX cousin who lives there with her four children. I first met Althea over the telephone when she contacted me after finding my post on a genealogical bulletin board regarding our common progenitor's name, believing we were related. Both of us had been working on our common family history and “finding” each other was an exciting experience (genealogists will understand)! The COX Family Reunion in 1997 at South Lake Tahoe was our first ‘in person” meeting. Since Phil retired in 2004 I have been working on visiting Althea in Wyoming. That time finally came and it was wonderful to see her again and meet some of her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment