Wednesday, June 14, 2006

11:23 AM Wednesday June 14, 2006



We’ve been back in Shelton WA for one week now. The weather has been warm with some rain but mostly sunny with lots of clouds keeping the temperature around the low 70s to low 80s. The humidity was evident as we moved north beginning in Oregon but we acclimated quickly and have not felt the need to turn the dehumidifier back on since Medford.

A Black Tail doe and her two yearling babies just walked in front of Penny and went up into Gloria and Lester’s yard. I hope they stay away from the highway on the other side of the house. I tried to take a picture but the batteries in my camera are dead, Phil has my spares in his pocket and he’s gone to a doctor’s appointment in Olympia.

This past Sunday we spent the afternoon with my younger daughter, Bobbie and her granddaughter, (my great granddaughter ;-), Carly and yesterday we spent the afternoon with Violet, my oldest daughter and her family. My sister, Dixie is having a “welcome home” dinner at her house on Friday night. If everyone she invited shows up, we’ll be able to visit with more friends and family—that will be fun.

I worked out a few numbers I’d like to share with you. Penny the Pace traveled 11, 818 miles and we visited 40 states. We were away from Shelton for 386 days, which equates to 30.6 miles per day. Of course, we didn’t travel every day but my reports will be about averages, which makes for a more realistic accounting.


No comments:

Post a Comment