Sunday, October 24, 2004

12:50 PM Sunday October 24, 2004

As of 10:15 AM this morning my sweetheart went off on a four-day deer hunting expedition with our friend, Lester in his motorhome towing his Ford Ranger pickup. Phil, who sold all his hunting rifles will do his "hunting" with a digital camera. They will stay in an RV park near Randall, WA and most likely "road hunt" in the foothills of the Cascades where Phil has hunted for many years in the past. Just a few moments ago, I received a cellphone call that they have arrived, have the motorhome set up and are off to hunt the rest of the afternoon. Their three hour drive was uneventful ... just the way we like them!
I'm late getting started on my blog today because one of my closest friends, Helga (you met her in the blogs telling about the last garage sale) needed some assistance early this morning. Fortunately, it turned out her problem was NOT life threatening. However, we didn't know that and she was very distressed because she was experiencing nausea, vomiting, severe dizziness and cold sweats and asked me to come to her house and take her to the hospital. When I got there, she couldn't walk and I knew I couldn't lift her so we made the decision to call an ambulance. When they arrived just moments after the call, the paramedics checked her out, made sure she was stable then transported her to Mason General Hospital. The ER doctor after getting a normal EKG and checking all her vital signs, which were fine determined she was suffering from "Vertigo" brought on by a "possible" inner ear infection. He gave her a "miracle" pill and phoned in a prescription for a few extra in case she had any more problems. Within an hour, she was fine and I delivered her back home safe and sound. A very happy outcome to a scary situation.
What am I going to do while Phil is gone you ask? Well, believe it or not, I still have the back of the truck full of boxes to sort through ... yup, I ran out of time and didn't finish sorting these things before the garage sale. And, I'm going to (for the third time) rearrange and reassess my needs versus my wants in every cupboard and closet in the motor home. Hopefully--since we've been living in the rig for more than a month--I've learned some things these past few weeks that will streamline our living space for the future. I don't know if four days is enough time but I'm going to give it my best shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment