Friday, August 13, 2004

It's Sunday Morning, Phil has gone off to buy paint at Home Depot and the sun is shining again. The cloudy skies and heavy rain have run their course for now anyway. Forecast is for high 80s and low 90s through the rest of the week.

I have been meaning to tell you all about the new keyboard we bought for the laptop. Being full size keyboard trained, I was having a very difficult time using the laptop's key configuration. I'm sure it would be fine for two-fingered, hunt & peckers but for me, it was a pain in the patootie (you know that part of the anatomy that follows us everywhere). So whenever I used it (each time I've had trouble with the desk top), I plugged in a full size keyboard which overrode the built in but that caused another problem. It just wouldn't fit into my carrying bag, consequently, the primary reason for buying the laptop--portability--was lost. So, I've been cruising the web for months looking for a "folding" keyboard that I had heard was available "somewhere"! Well, I stumbled across it one day at a Sears website, of all places. "Not available in Sears stores ... Internet sales only", for only $29.95 plus shipping for a total of about $35, and it's wonderful. Made of soft plastic, it is full size and each key stands up just like a regular keyboard. The "feel" takes some getting used to and it is totally silent (it will be great for using in libraries) but the key placement is exactly like it's hard copy cousin. Made by "MICRO innovations" it is foldable, rollable, 100% waterproof, fits in my bag without a problem and I love it! If you're interested in taking a look, let me know and I'll send you a link to the website.






No comments:

Post a Comment