Sunday, January 02, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Not much to blog about this week but as you all know, I am never at a loss for words. Our friend Les was released from the hospital and will be receiving home health care after a few days in one of the local rehab centers. He will be getting around on crutches and they will give him an intravenous injection of antibiotics every six hours for 12 weeks. If the infection is gone by then, they will have saved his foot. If not, more drastic measures will be needed. He told us he can’t wait to sleep in his own bed (I know the feeling) and watch a TV he can actually see. Please send good thoughts his way and I’m sure he would be grateful for your prayers as well.

Our laminate man worked six hours on Friday putting in the base for our new counter tops that he will install on Monday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look so far. Can’t wait to see it when he is done. After Monday … the cabinetmaker is behind the 8-ball. Phil is going to insist on a finish date. If we weren’t worried about losing the money we have paid so far I think he would threaten him with discounting XYZ dollars for every day he goes past the deadline. Of course, in actuality, we won’t do anything except make sure we never recommend him for cabinetwork in the future. That is too bad because he is very good at what he does … if you can just get him to do it!

As you know from last week’s blog, we had our wonderful great granddaughter Carly with us beginning on Christmas Day afternoon. She went home on Thursday and while she was with us she was a big help getting our bedroom ready for Phil to start painting, which he began on Friday. I was busy for a couple afternoons doing laundry and cleaning up after the laminate man inside (he told me not to. but I can’t help myself – it really bothers me to see sawdust on my new vinyl floor) as well as the birds we feed, outside. They are SO messy but I can’t stop feeding them now. They flock to our feeders every day and hang out by the dozens in our Camellia bush out front. They are so cute and so hungry this time of year.

We went to Home Depot in Olympia on Saturday and purchased our new sink faucet, the soap dispenser, two new sink strainers (the sink was used so it didn’t have any), more shelving for our closet, the sink drain kits and a few other things I can’t remember right now. Our laminate man said he would help Phil install the sink on Monday and I am so excited! It has been a long time coming!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment