Saturday, August 29, 2009

THIS WON'T TAKE LONG ...

As I am writing my pathetically inadequate blog this Saturday night there is another heavy rainstorm passing over us. My Internet connection is blinking on and off and a solid connection will be iffy when I’m ready to schedule this post. We will be leaving early in the morning for Long Island and hope to spend most of the day doing some genealogy exploring so I decided to write this tonight. I will try to schedule for early tomorrow morning depending on the storm.

This will be a very short post. We have been living in the slow lane and things have been pretty quiet around here. The daytime temps have been in the 90s so doing anything outside has been less than appealing. We have done some shopping, drove the back roads on a couple short road trips and went to the movie, Julie & Julia. What a hoot! I loved it and Phil liked it too. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were wonderful and the story is very funny! I give it my highest recommendation. Don’t you just love a movie that leaves you smiling?

Hopefully, I will have something to talk about next week so please come back and take another look on the Labor Day weekend post.

Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time …

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the movie review. Carolyn saw it too and said it was good. Hope to see it this week. I always enjoy the popcorn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to hear from you, even a short note. NOT "pathetically inadequate" by any means. Just touching base with a friend is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see that movie but I will have to go with a girlfriend... Ralph has a thing about chic flicks ☺☺☺ Thanks for the great review...

    Have Fun & Travel Safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slow pace is sounding good to me! We are frantically getting ready for the holiday weekend and I am looking forward to a slower pace next month, then gear up again for Octoberfest and then hibernate!! The weather here has been wonderful with 70's during the day, then dropping into the 50's at night.

    Drive safe as you continue with your journey and we will look forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete