Thursday, July 05, 2007

10:29 am Thursday July 5, 2007

There is no doubt now … I’m getting old.

I hate fireworks! I really do. Don’t get me wrong, it has nothing to do with how much I love my country. Phil is a proud and patriotic Viet Nam veteran and as far as we are concerned, politics aside, there is no better place to live on earth than the United States. That said, I repeat … I hate fireworks.

What do fireworks have to do with Independence Day? We live near two Native American reservations and as far as I can tell, they sell every size and shape of noisy rockets known to man and it is ALL about the money. One man I know spent over $400 for fireworks for his 4th of July party; what a waste. Why?

Beginning about noon, the jarring bang, boom and rat-a-tat staccato of citizens burning up their money and imposing their “fun” on every hearing resident within range began. By dinner time, the noise is deafening and I can imagine what it is like to live in Iraq. Of course, the weather was perfect for a Fourth of July picnic so our windows were open to catch a breeze. Finally about midnight, they quieted down.

To anyone who loves fireworks that might be reading this blog, I’m sorry if my opinion offends you but since it is my blog … I am taking advantage of this opportunity to whine. If you are a regular reader you know I rarely complain so hopefully this is my one shot—until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy and Phil; I know what you mean about all the fire works.This is a great country I'm glad that i'm a Redneck that is the best kind. You have a real good blog keep up the good work and visit my blog sometime.

    giddy-upandgo.blogspot.com

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete