Sunday, February 18, 2007

10:03 am Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hello Yuma! Hello warm weather! It was 60 degrees this morning when I got up at 6:30 am … now that is more like it! I swear the night before we left Casa Grande it got down to near freezing. Phil and I were snuggled under a blanket, our quilt and a big afghan tucked under our chins to stay warm ‘cause we’re too cheap to run the furnace. Actually, the thermostat is set at 60 degrees and it did not come on but it sure felt colder than that!

I thought I was hearing things when I got up this morning. The sound of the coffee pot perking, naw … could the sound be coming from the neighbors? Phil knows I usually get up very early on Sunday morning (unless I forget what day it is~~~) so I will not miss my favorite show “Sunday Morning” on CBS and guess what? He set the timer on the coffee pot for me! What a nice surprise from my sweetie!

We attended a Fire Safety seminar at the rally. Phil came back to Penny and immediately checked our one and only fire extinguisher inside the coach beside the door. Can you believe it was dead! I am almost certain it was most likely the original extinguisher that came with this coach. Had we not gone to the seminar we probably would not have checked it. We bought three foam extinguishers from Mac (the “fire guy”) and learned he recommended FIVE extinguishers for a motorhome and toad. One in the toad (we have that), one in with the propane tank (we put in one of our new foam extinguishers); one in the bedroom (new foam one back there); and one in the kitchen (new foam one there) and a new powder extinguisher we bought yesterday for just inside the door.

We went shopping at Wal*Mart yesterday and bought each of us a pair of leather gloves in case we decide to fight any fire that might break out. Mac told us that we had three choices if a fire happens. 1. Fight the fire. 2. Get out of the coach (statistics say we will have about 20 seconds). 3. If we have to get out, we must prepare to fight our way out. He also told us it was imperative that we practice … practice … practice. So far, we have not done that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment