Wednesday, October 25, 2006

1:37 PM Wednesday, October 25, 2006


Most of you who read my blog know that Phil and I are able to keep in touch via the Internet because we have a MotoSAT Datastorm F1.74 meter satellite dish mounted on Penny the Pace’s roof with a D2 controller and a 6000 modem inside our coach. Our installers, Bill and Janet Adams, http://www.internetanywhere.us/ made installation speedy and painless in December of 2004. This was the first affordable satellite dish manufactured that would allow RVs (trucks and vans) or any other mobile platform to achieve broadband speeds no matter where we are parked. Without this innovation I would not have considered wandering fulltime in a motorhome.

Once I was connected to the Internet (1994) and completely addicted, the idea of cutting the cord (in order to travel) was totally impossible to contemplate! I remember so well when I realized this advance in technology by MotoSAT would allow me to fulfill my dream of traveling and exploring our beautiful country all the while being linked up to the world via the Internet. What a moment that was! I can thank our friend, George, (the worlds most famous Rver) for that light-bulb moment. His blog, written daily at http://vagabonders-supreme.net/ educated me over time and gave me hope that my desire could in fact become a reality!

MotoSAT’s main offices and manufacturing plant is located in Salt Lake City. This past week, while we were there, Phil called and found out that tours were possible. All we had to do was show up! VP of Sales and Marketing, Royal D. Lamb smiled his way into the reception room and we exchanged introductions. In spite of the fact that he was preparing to leave for the 3rd annual Datastorm Users Rally in Kerrville, TX in just a couple days, he took time out of his busy schedule to give Phil and I a complete and very informative tour of MotoSat’s facilities. We enjoyed the tour immensely and Royal’s sense of humor kept us smiling as we traveled from one department to the other. If you are a Datastorm user, (or thinking you might be some day) this stop is a must-see!




No comments:

Post a Comment