Friday, August 05, 2005

12:50 PM Friday August 5, 2005

Happy 6th Birthday to our great granddaughter, Carly Jenessa Joan Nelson back in Washington! Have a wonderful day sweetheart!
Phil, Les and Don have gone fishing in spite of the fact that it’s raining here in Cambridge Ohio this morning. Since it’s been in the 90s for so long, the local weatherman says: “The heat streak has been broken and the welcome rain has arrived.” Well, it may only be 70’ outside but the dew point is 67’ (my weather website says it’s 97 % humidity … shouldn’t it be 100 % when it’s raining ??) so it’s muggy AND wet. Exactly the kind of “Midwest” type weather I had envisioned. Nice change from the heat!

We are in a different RV park than our traveling companions through Sunday night. We spent two nights next to them at a resort on top of a mountain about 15 miles north of here. They both loved the shade because we were completely covered by tall trees but there was no chance of our datastorm finding the satellite so we moved down into the valley to a park where we have a clear view of the southern sky. Our satellite TV isn’t working properly either so I’m happy to have cable TV for a few days. I am a confessed TV addict and I especially miss the news and the food channel. Hopefully, on one of our future stops we’ll be able to find a dish TV technician who is qualified to work on RV satellite TV which is a whole new ball game from a stationary dish TV hookup
I was going to continue my South Dakota narrative but time has gotten away from me and it’s getting late! It's already lunchtime and I’m still in my bathrobe for heavens sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment