Sunday, July 31, 2005

10:20 AM CST Sunday July 31, 2005

It’s just past 10 AM here in Batesville Indiana and already past 80 degrees. I think it’s going to be a hot one again today. Last night, Ardella, Gloria and I sat outside and enjoyed the balmy, bug free (i.e. mosquitoes) evening as we watched the fireflies blinking on and off around us. The men were down at the lake inside the RV park fishing and Phil hooked into a 4 or 5 pound bass that gave him a good fight. He finally got him to the boat and extracted the hook so the big-boy can live to fight another day. Unfortunately, none of the guys had a camera so Phil was glad he had witnesses. HA!
Yesterday my precious Aunt Beverly who lives in Seattle WA called us on our cell phone. We last visited with her just a few days before we left the northwest, about ten weeks ago. She said even though she reads the web log (aka blog) faithfully, she just wanted to talk to us. I can’t express how loved that made Phil and I feel. She probably has no idea how much her call was appreciated (but I hope she does now). Because we’re traveling with our dearest friends, we never lack for the best kind of company. However, knowing you’re being thought of (enough to take the time to call) by your family is one of those special warm and fuzzy feelings. Her comment that she is living her dream through our travels was especially heartwarming and treasured. That’s what our blog is all about and I hope there are many more of you out there doing the same. Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions about how to make our blog better would be especially welcome. Trust that I will take them all under advisement … I may not act on them but I’ll sure read them all and if you leave your e-mail address, I’ll answer them too. Since many times we receive comments on the blog anonymously so I can’t respond, I’ll take this opportunity to say that your remarks are so much fun to read and very welcome! Keep them coming, we love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment