Tuesday, May 08, 2007

12:02 Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Last Saturday Phil went fishing while I spent the day with my daughter, Bobbie and her family. We started the morning with breakfast in one of the local restaurants. Now named “Blondie’s” it was “The Capital Restaurant” when I was the manager back in the mid 1970s. About the only thing that has stayed the same is the kitchen and the restrooms. The bar no longer exists and the dining room now seats half again more people since they removed the wall and are using the bar area for seating. The food and the service were pretty good.

After breakfast my great granddaughter, Carly and I went shopping at Wal*Mart for a work clothes outfit and a new jacket for her. She wanted to help her Grandma Bobbie plant gladiola bulbs and her dress was not exactly proper attire for digging in the dirt. From Wal*Mart we went to Bobbie’s house where I spent several hours watching Grandma and Granddaughter happily getting very dirty digging and planting. I still can’t believe I did not take any pictures!

The next day, Phil and I went to the "Old Timer's Historical Fair" at Matlock WA. This is an event celebrating history with continuous live entertainment, a classic car and tractor show, chainsaw carving, an "Encampment of Mountain Men" with the gymnasium full of antique and craft vendors . Held yearly in this tiny community west of Shelton this fun event with a generous variety of food vendors and inventive train rides for the kids is very popular. Tractor and logging aficionados come from far and wide for the two day event held on the Mary M. Knight High School campus. My sister, Dixie is an antique dealer and she had a booth set up where we could hang out with her for a few hours. Phil did take lots of pictures however, the interior lighting of the gym was not very good and the inside shots are a bit dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment