Tuesday, October 03, 2006

2:13 PM Tuesday October 3, 2006

I’m looking out the front and side windows of Penny the Pace at the broad and serene Snake River just outside our door. It is picture perfect as it winds through these barren hills that have a peaceful beauty of their own!

Our RV park for the next few days is in Huntington Oregon and we are on Mountain Time now … Phil has gone fishing. I am taking some time to write a few words in the blog while I wait for a call back from my cousin, Bobby who lives about 12 miles from our RV park in a tiny town called Weiser in Idaho. I’m hoping to be able to stop by and say hello although if that isn’t possible, I have only myself to blame, as I didn’t call her ahead of time. I guess my mind has been too preoccupied with getting back on the road and then the computer crash really upset me. Fortunately, I had everything backed up through July so my losses were minimal. The hard part has been reloading all the programs I need and use everyday.

The first hour after we left Albany a week ago, Penny had some trouble with her overdrive thing-a-mabob (I'd be more specific except Phil isn't here to explain it to me) but Phil cleaned some connections when we took a rest stop break and she has been fine since then. Thank goodness! I had visions of another week at McKay’s Trucking. The weather has been perfect. We spent six nights in a tiny town called Irrigon on the Columbia River and enjoyed the beautiful river scenery and took a couple day trips in the area. Other than that, we did our laundry and I worked on installing programs in my new computer.

Here are some pictures from one of our day trips while we were in Albany.

No comments:

Post a Comment