Sunday, April 22, 2007

9:22 a.m. Sunday April 22, 2007

We have returned to rain country. I was awakened several times last night by the sound of the spirited wind and persistent rain having their way with Penny. The last time I woke up, it was difficult to get back to sleep. Apparently the strange sound (even though not totally unpleasant) will take some getting used to. Happily, the weather people have promised that this morning it will clear off quickly.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I love the Internet. I also love traveling, reading, television and genealogy. My latest love is writing—writing my mother’s biography to be specific. Oh, I have a notebook filled with poetry written years ago but writing non-fiction is definitely my newest niche.

However, that said, like nearly all of you—what I love most of all is my family and we have just spent three terrific days with my sister, Robin and her family here in Pleasanton, California. The town of Pleasanton is just what is says … “pleasant”. With a small town atmosphere, Main Street has a plethora of restaurants (many with sidewalk seating), shops and within a short distance small malls spread out from downtown in several directions so it seems whatever your desires, there is a merchant happy to meet your needs. Phil and I visited the Saturday morning Farmer’s Market and took a stroll to do some window shopping while admiring the blooming trees and annuals that give the narrow streets a European feel. Our day yesterday was topped off with a gourmet dinner at my niece (and namesake) Julie and her husband, Doug’s impressive home in Fremont. Great niece, Cindy and nephew, Rex joined us rounding out our party of eight. It was a great visit and wonderful family time

Tomorrow will be another travel day as we continue to inch our way north toward Washington.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:34 AM

    As a ten-year resident of Pleasanton, I agree that it is a "pleasant" place to live. That is not the origin of the name, however. The intent was to name the town for General Pleasonton (Civil War era), but somehow a mis-spelling got in there.

    Walt Morgan

    ReplyDelete