Friday, April 13, 2007

11:30 a.m. Friday April 13, 2007

The windstorm that battered Yuma and most all of Arizona has blown itself out. After two days of blowing dirt and gusts that rocked Penny, we have a little breeze left but when the temperatures are in the 80 to 90 degree range, a breeze feels good.

Phil and I went to Los Algodones Mexico yesterday to buy a three month supply of medication (at about half the cost) for my sister, Dixie in Washington. She does not have any prescription insurance and a couple of her meds are very expensive. I still enjoy an occasional flea market but I am no longer a “shopper” in spite of years of collecting “things” … to Phil’s relief, I have at last, morphed into a minimalist!. For that reason, running the gauntlet of “doctor/dentist/pharmacy hawkers as well as pushing my way through the vendors on the sidewalks is not a pleasant experience for me so I am always glad to get out of there. Many “snowbirds” have left Arizona already; there were no crowds and no wait at the border coming back into the U.S. so we were in and out in an hour.

My cousin Nada, who has been in New York State at a seminar for over a week, will return on Sunday. We are planning to meet with Elaine and Nada that afternoon to go out for a “good bye” dinner. Phil and I will be leaving Yuma the next day. We are both ready to roll—so it is time to pull up the jacks, unhook the “hookups” and mosey on up the road towards some summertime fun in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment