Sunday, January 06, 2008

10:24 am Sunday, January 6, 2008

Just one of the numerous benefits of being retired is not having a need to know what day of the week it is. However, that said—I must add sometimes it gets me into trouble—like today. I forgot it was Sunday (the day I post in my blog) … that means I am late getting up and consequently, because we need to be someplace at 11 am, my blog post is going to be short and sweet today! Sorry about that!

This morning, I received an e-mail from another Blogger asking if I wanted to exchange links. He complimented me on my blog and gave me the URL to his blog. This isn’t the first time I’ve received this sort of an offer and I have always been distrustful of these invitations. But, without thinking and throwing caution to the wind, I went to his site and then my computer locked up. Oh, oh! I held my breath (and uttered a few unladylike expletives) as it took over a half hour to get his blog, AOL and all the other programs closed in order to restart my computer. My “control-alt-delete” keys got a workout. Another lesson learned or should I say “relearned.” Be suspicious of all your e-mails unless you know for sure who it is from! I was lucky this morning but that may not always be the case.

A quick note on my sister, Dixie. She has been moved from the hospital and is now in a nursing home, rehab center. Yesterday, for the first time since her fall, I had a long telephone visit with her and she told me she is making progress. Tiny, baby-step progress but steps forward just the same! Good news …

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog and I am sure if my wife and I did not have so many animals in our care we could to take to the RV life .


    On reading your blog one of the things that struck me was not knowing what day of the week it is , I am not retired but do work for myself from home and often do not know what day it is , having spent many years working for others in a nine to five existance , I am quite proud of the fact of not knowing what day of the week it is

    steve

    ReplyDelete