Saturday, June 03, 2006

10:42 AM Saturday June 3, 2006

Just a quick note to let you all know we have arrived safe and sound in Phoenix, OR, a little south of Medford. There was thick cloud cover last night so couldn't connect (get online) with the Hughes satellite until the sky cleared off. The sun is shining this morning--of course, there's no way of knowing how long that will last in this neck of the woods. We'll be here until Monday. Our Penny the Pace ran perfectly every inch of the way including over the mountains so I do believe Phil (aka "my hero") found the problem by removing the old fuel filter. We will have a new one installed soon.
Note: I managed to ride in Penny both up and down the mountains this trip. In my humble opinion I think the Siskiyous are the least scary of all the mountains we've traveled over. The freeway is wide with great broad shoulders and there are no down grades higher than 6 % going north.

If we can stay connected to the satellite I'll write more later today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment