Sunday, March 19, 2006

11:11 AM Sunday March 19, 2006

I consider myself a writer, albeit unpublished (unless you consider my Blog). This opinion has been a known part of my life since I received my first diary at 15 years old. There is nothing I would rather be doing than sitting in front of my computer—writing (it was my typewriter before that and before that longhand in a spiral notebook not to mention the thousands of lengthy epistles to anyone foolish enough to write me a note). I am overtly curious and obsessively detail oriented noticing what might seem inconsequential to others and often taking notes so I’ll remember to seek answers (when I have time—how I love the search engines) to the varied questions that pop into my mind as each day proceeds. I call myself an “information junkie” and for me, the Internet is to research what slicing at the bakery was to store-bought white bread.

Before the development of the Internet, in order to travel like Phil and I are doing today, I would have felt compelled to carry a library of research books on board our motorhome and the public libraries along the way would have been essential stops because my need to know is ever present and sometimes overpowering. Having our Internet satellite connection and two computers has nullified those requirements and once we realized this as a bona fide option (even considering the cost), it was “Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!” I told Phil I needed just two things to go fulltime in an RV: A slide-out and the Internet and once we had both; this girl was a happy camper. Of course, I amended that list and added television (another form of research for me) but if you’re a regular reader, that’s a story you already know.

So-o-o-o-o, I’m thinking of adding a second blog to my “bag of tricks”. This new site could be where I can explore with the ultimate tool (words) other experiences (personal or newly discovered) beyond travel. These thoughts are still in their infant stage but I’m hoping to get some feedback from you, dear readers. Do you have an opinion? I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment