Tuesday, August 22, 2006

12:05 Tuesday August 22, 2006

Another fabulous dinner party by my sister, Dixie and her husband, Paul this past Saturday night was enjoyed by my family and several family friends. Our sister/friend, Helga brought two old friends from my long-ago past ... Jess and Donn. Donn was married to a lady I worked with in the early 1970s. Sadly, she passed away last year and it was good to see him again. Jess and Donn have been friends for eons and worked together for many years on the "boom" before retiring from one of the biggest employers, Simpson Timber Company here in Shelton. I'm not sure what happens on the "boom" except that it has something to do with floating logs. You might have seen logging competitions on TV that include two men standing on a floating log trying to stay upright until one or the other falls off into the water.
.
It's difficult to absorb how fast the youngsters in our family are growing up. It seems like just yesterday little Max, my sister Robin's youngest grandchild was a baby and he will start school this year. Then there is my great nephew, Andy ... a senior in high school with a lovely girlfriend, Megan. Both are getting ready for college after graduation in the spring. Where has the time gone?
.
Funny thing, I don't feel old but these babies growing up before my eyes tells me that time marches on. It also reinforces my resolve to live my life to the fullest each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment