Sunday, January 15, 2006

10:49 AM Sunday January 15, 2006

The new (2002) license plates say, “Stars Fell on … Alabama” (the old ones proclaim “Heart of Dixie” and according to my research, a huge controversy is going on in this state over the change. Phil thinks the “stars” slogan is dumb (referring to a meteor shower in the 1830s, a song and a book) and I don’t care one way or the other. I sort of like anything with the name “Dixie” because that’s my baby (she’s 10 years younger than me) sister’s name.

We’ve had a lot of “rain” fall on us in Alabama but not too many stars. Maybe today will be better because it was 60 degrees this morning at 8:30 AM and the sun is shining and the sky is blue now as I’m writing this.

Calling this place we’re staying at in Millbrook Alabama an RV Park is an exaggeration any way you look at it. Actually, it’s a gas station-RV Repair shop and they sell new and used RVs as well. The “park” looks nearly full but the sites are used to store the RVs that are for sale. Actually there are only a few RVs with anyone in them. Oh well, it’s fairly cheap and we’ll only be here for three nights. Just long enough to rest up for the next leg of the trip and go see the capital building in Montgomery about five miles away, which we’ll do today.
The nose of our wonderful “Penny” the Pace will head west when we leave here. In spite of the hurricanes, torrential rains, thunder, lightning, hail, winds and tornados, I really love the southeast. I just wish there was some way to visit when all of the above were guaranteed NOT to happen. My cousin, Sharon in TN says April. What do you’all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment