Monday, March 21, 2005

10:35 AM Monday March 21, 2005

NO BLOG since the 14th!!! So sorry for worrying you’all, (Can you tell I’ve been in Texas and Oklahoma for awhile?) and seeming to drop off the face of the earth until now. I guess there is really no excuse except the truth … we’ve just been having too much fun visiting with family and meeting family we’ve never seen before to have much down time for writing. Phil has taken dozens and dozens of pictures (wait until you see the goat!) and I’m looking forward to sharing those as well as telling you all about our latest adventures. This morning, we’re packing up the motorhome and moving from our quiet little RV park (so isolated there is no TV reception) in Richmond and driving south to Iola, Kansas. We will be there for a couple days and do day trips to EUREKA (no RV parks there) where I’m hoping to find and make copies from a bonanza of a paper trail left by my COX ancestors. Stay tuned! The weather (or lack of it) will be our guide from that point on as we head west and north toward Washington. Phil is pouring over the maps and the campground listings plotting our course while I’m writing this. I’m watching the southern sky out our picture window (the motorhome’s windshield) as it grows darker and the wind increases. Also, I can see the few rain drops left from the last sprinkle wondering what we will find as we move in that direction. While we planned our new lifestyle, the one thing I didn’t realize we would keep uppermost in our mind as we traveled is … the weather. Maybe we’re just scaredycats but it is a part of our life now as much as keeping the motor running and the tires inflated. Please be patient with me … I will answer the e-mails and get the blog caught up real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment