Monday, March 07, 2005

10:30 AM Monday March 7, 2005

Someday … I know we’ll look back on this part of our adventure and see the humor but for now, in this moment I am very disappointed. I can’t believe what is happening with the weather in central Texas. Days of rain, pouring down, tropical-style rain with very few breaks complete with gray, foggy skies and minimal visibility. Add some thunder and you have a complete picture of what our days have been like since arriving in Hutto (pronounced Hut – oh, named after the founder of the town). My cousin took us on a grand tour of Austin and the University of Austin (where she works) yesterday and we couldn't believe once we were out of downtown proper the visibility dropped to a few hundred feet around the highway and we could see nothing! So she narrated the drive and we tried our best to imagine what was out there …
We were leaving today but have decided to spend at least one more day and hope for better traveling weather!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Joy&Phil it seems to me that everywhere you go it's raining now some folks would say it's your fault that your bringing it with you since "all it does in Washinton is rain" but I know better as I was raised there in God's country don't worry it will dry up soon

    ReplyDelete