Friday, August 13, 2004

It's Friday (the 13th yet ;-) and another week has slipped by at the speed light. Taking his "to do" list so seriously has even interferred with Phil's fishing ... it's been over three weeks since he has been able to wet a line ... sad to say. However, major progress has been made inside the house and this morning, the new subfloor material has been purchased at Home Depot in Olympia and hauled home to Shelton in brother-in-law, Walt's pickup. They arrived from CA the night before last and will board the cruise ship in Seattle this coming Sunday for a 7-day cruise to Alaska. They will join their friends, Lois and Harold who are taking this trip with family and friends to celebrate the 50th anniversary of their marriage.

Our dear friend, Gloria came to visit this morning while Phil was shopping and her husband, Les just called to volunteer his help unloading the truck. Phil says, Thank You Lester! Today is my volunteer day at Kitten Rescue so I'm off to get my kitten/cat fix for a couple hours this afternoon. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this but I'll continue as long as I can.

My list of accomplishments this past week isn't nearly as long as Phil's due to the hot weather and not feeling very well. But, I hope to do better this next week.

For those of you who requested a picture of "Joy and Phil" ... here it is. I finally got Phil to hold still long enough to get this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment