Thursday, August 26, 2004

10 AM August 22, 2004

Phil and I had our second "dinner party" in the motorhome last night when we invited Gloria and Les over to break bread with us. During our shopping trip to Wal*Mart yesterday, we bought a new cast iron reversible grill/griddle to use on the propane BBQ outside (We LOVE our awning!) as well as inside on top the gas stove. Phil tried it out last night by cooking burger dips and buns on the BBQ and it worked great. I prepared the au jus, the salads (tossed green and fresh fruit ... after which we battled fruit flies all evening ... the little buggers rode in on the produce I guess) and we baked some frozen french fries in the big oven inside the house. I know, I know, that's cheating but we haven't mastered the art of lighting our propane oven without tearing it apart yet and besides, I didn't want the heat inside the rig. We're getting some significant rain around here again and although it was plenty warm (also humid), it's been plenty wet as well. This morning it's only 67 degrees inside the motorhome and it feels chilly. Les gave Phil and I an "Excel 101" lesson last night and hopefully, I retained enough to set up our budget sheets and traveling expense sheets in order to keep a running total that we can share with our readers on a monthly basis. I do know that being out of the house for everything but sleeping and showering has lowered our expenses somewhat already. Oh yes, by the way, Phil received his first retirement check ... finally! It has been 2 1/2 months since he retired ... so it was a good thing we still had a little money stashed after paying cash for the motorhome.

No comments:

Post a Comment