Friday, August 06, 2004

First week August 2004

They say, "It's not if but, when" regarding the demise of your hard drive. Well, six weeks into installation in my renovated desktop computer ... guess what? That's right ... out of the blue it up and died! It is covered by warranty but all I can think about is how relieved I am that I procrastinated reloading all my documents because I might have delayed saving any additions to disk or CD and lost a whole bunch of new entries. Thank goodness we have the laptop! We can still get on line, check e-mail and tend the website. The message here is to BACK UP your work. There just isn't any way to know when it will happen to you.
We've been getting some welcome rain the last few days. It has been alternating between warm and wet ... great weed growing weather. Haven't had to water for a week.
Our wonderful Pace Arrow is feeling more like home every day. Even as additional everyday needs are loaded and the storage space is starting to fill up, I find myself rearranging and rethinking whether this or that is really necessary. Kitchen gadgets are one of many collections I've amassed over the years. I LOVE them (Phil has nicknamed me the "gadget queen") and after analyzing and culling (for the garage sale) dozens I've never used, I still have filled three drawers in the motorhome. So, the next sorting must be without mercy or emotion. Any "might" or "maybe" I'll need it someday MUST go ... no exceptions. I will sooth my separation anxiety with the promise that if I EVER need it down the road, I will just go buy another one, although some are very difficult to find ... sigh ...!
Today is Friday and our cloudy skies have been raining buckets since early morning. All the plants, trees (and forest fires) are receiving the benefits of this incessant gully washer! Our coach and awnings are getting a much needed rinsing after being parked beside dusty 11th Street (the garage side of our house) for seven weeks. After a cursory examination, Phil didn't find any obvious signs of a leak ... hooray!
Here's a couple pictures of our town. Simpson, a subsidiary of Seattle-based Simpson Investment Co., monopolizes the waterfront except for a tiny yacht club along WA State Highway 3 on the edge of town and an even smaller city park across the inlet. Simpson Timber employs 450 at lumber facilities in Shelton, and Simpson Resource Co., an affiliate, employs 100 in Mason County. They are the envy of a large group of pleasure boat owners, with this prime salt water location.

No comments:

Post a Comment