Saturday, March 13, 2010

NEWEST NEWS ...

Last Wednesday, March 10, exactly one month since my open-heart surgery I came home. I also had the first good night’s sleep since this all started. Six lovely uninterrupted hours! This has been nearly impossible in the hospital and the three weeks at Haines City Health Center. There is just nothing like your own bed!

I am doing well and have had the luxury of a home health care nurse the first two days and I suppose they will come three days next week. The nurse takes my vitals and redressed my stab wounds, one of which is still pretty raw looking. All the other incisions have healed beautifully although the leg wound (where they harvested the new veins for my heart) is still a bit sore but getting better every day.

We have had torrential rain since I’ve been home and even had a tornado touch down about 20 miles south of us. Yesterday the sun came back but along with the blue sky, we have had lots of wind. The rain kept me indoors but once that stopped, I have been outside doing some walking. Not a lot but a little more each day.

We have not done much but sleep and eat inside our cozy nest since I’ve been home but if the weather warms up, Phil plans on going fishing with our friend, Roger next week. According to the weather forecast, they will have a couple days in a row and I will be on my own. Roger’s wife, my dear friend, Margie has offered to baby-sit but I don’t think I will need a fulltime sitter. I believe I will be just fine while he is gone on this much-deserved outing! My hero has been giving me 24-7 care and really needs a break.

Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,


8 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to buy a bird feeder. Love those beautiful cardinals.

    You probably don't need a full-time babysitter, but I'll just be a phone call away and can stop by to check to see if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for heroes! Phil is one of the good guys. We're so glad you are doing well after surgery. That was a truly major event for you AND for Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Nice to hear you're back "home"! We're looking forward to hearing that you're westward bound, it will be good to really have you back "home" in your landing spot for awhile!

    Love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear that your doing so well... That Phil is definately a hero and a GREAT man! Keep getting better and remember we all are still praying for your speedy recovery...
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great news to hear you're home and doing so well. In six months you're going to be amazed at how well you feel. I was in Phil's shoes with Jim and Phil definitely needs a play day. It is such a helpless feeling to see our spouse go through this. Just don't overdo. Jim thought he was better than he really was and about scared me to death. So keep up the exercise - just not too much at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy - I so thrilled you are home. How long until you can start your Westward Ho? Phil is truely your Hero. I personally am thankful for him too. I have been in Puyallup for a few days. God to see 2 of Uncle Lyles girls. Had not seen them since they were in their early 20's - they have grandchildren now. Wished we could have spent more time. Will for sure, not much time in between visits, I promised, they promised. Love you, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are home and healing up. I hope you start to feel wonderful now that you are home in your own space. Great bird picture. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you better and home!!!!!!! Had a long long 30 hours getting home and in bed after jumping ship :) It was all so wonderful. SO glad your recovering and can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete