Sunday, March 01, 2009
Faraway Ranch was homesteaded in 1888 by Neil and Emma Erickson in Bonita Canyon. Located in the Chiracahua National Monument and designated a historic site it was purchased by the National Forest Service intact from the Erickson family in 1973. It was a guest ranch from 1917 until 1973 where visitors came to rest, ride horses and hike in the hills. Known by the Apaches as "The Land of Standing Rock" ... the Chiracahua mountains bring tourists from all over the world.