Sunday, September 07, 2008

Well, probably not ...The Flavel House built in 1885 by Captain George Flavel occupies an entire city block. Flavel earned his fortune as a pilot guiding ships across the bar at the mouth of the Columbia River. Now operated as a museum by the Clatsop County Historical Society, it is beautifully restored and elegantly filled with furnishings, art and decor typical of a century ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment