Sunday, November 25, 2007

11:09 am Sunday, November 25, 2007

The sun is shining this Sunday morning and I would not be surprised if we turn on the AC later today but right now, there is a bit of a breeze and it is chilly out there! Still above freezing but not much. Phil has recruited our wonderful catalytic heater back into use in the evenings and bless his heart; he got up an hour before me this morning and lit it so I had wonderful toasty heat when I got up at 6:30 am. It is not all that difficult to light—just awkward—so knowing that, he took care of it for me during his early morning potty call. What a guy!

Our past week has been typically unexciting, not much going on. I have been working at the computer, we have been to the grocery store a couple times and I have been cooking at home rather than eating out except for turkey day and yesterday. We had a wonderful turkey/ham/pork roast dinner with all the trimmings at J.B.’s Restaurant for $8.95 each on Thanksgiving. I couldn’t cook it for that price and they did the dishes! We had calls from two of our kids (Bobbie and Mike) and an e-mail from another one (Violet) wishing us “Happy Thanksgiving” so we really had much to be thankful for.

Yesterday we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, The Golden Corral after spending the afternoon at the new Harkin’s movie theater here in Casa Grande mall, called The Promenade. It is similar to the newest mall in Yuma with all the stores having outside entrances and no covered (air conditioned) walk ways. During the winter, that is fine but I can’t imagine many people (especially seniors) using these malls during the summer when the temperatures are triple digit … but then, what do I know?

Phil and I really enjoy watching Denzel Washington but I had reservations about seeing his newest movie, “American Gangster.” However, with all the Oscar talk buzzing around, we decided we had to see it after all. In spite of the typical gangster violence and Denzel playing a “bad guy” it was very good … although a bit long at 157 minutes. And, we were surprised to learn it was based on a true story. Oh yes, Russell Crowe, as usual was very believable in his role and did an excellent job as well. I predict at least one (or possibly both men) will be nominated for awards.

Going back to our sightseeing in Tucson, I will share the ride we took with Les and Gloria through the Saguaro National Park on the east side of town.




No comments:

Post a Comment