Monday, March 05, 2007

12:17 pm Monday, March 5, 2007

I can mark off another item from my “life list of things to do.” Yesterday, we attended the “Strong Hearts Native Society 27th Annual Pow Wow. My aunt Elaine drove her big Lincoln sedan so we could all go in the same car and Phil, Nada and I piled in for the short ride to the Quechan Reservation by Winterhaven, California. We were only able to stay a few hours and it was the last day of the Pow Wow but as our first adventure (only Nada has been many times before) it was quite an experience. The costumes (oops!)—the “regalia” were spectacular; every age was represented and everybody danced. They even invited the spectators into the arena. We declined … but enjoyed watching everyone else dance to the beat of the drumming and singing. I added a silver turtle pendant and a silver turtle ring to my collection; the vendors were authentic, plentiful and very artistic. Not a “made in Taiwan” among the bunch.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see the Pow Wow. I've been to one also and I really enjoyed it. Did they sell turquoise jewelry? I have bought several pieces and it is rather expensive.

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me a very long time ago that to "mark off" something on life's list was a bad way to look at things because eventually there is nothing left on the list and there goes life! The better way to look at it is to ADD something to your life's list of experiences.

    cid69

    ReplyDelete