Sunday, November 06, 2005

10:50 AM Sunday November 6, 2005

This past Friday, the fourth of November was, my late mother Violet's birthday. She would have been 90 years old if she were still alive. It's hard to imagine that 25 years after her death I continue to miss her every day. I think in spite of her many errors in judgment regarding my childhood, this enduring sense of loss is a testament that our love for each other did in fact triumph over all.

Phil and I signed up for an all-day tour of New York, NY and it was actually divided into three parts. We rode a big Prevost bus through the streets of New York City (more about that later) disembarking for a few minutes at some of the high spots then boarded a passenger ferry to Ellis Island and Liberty Island where our Lady Liberty stands with her torch held high. My ancestors were arriving in the new world 200 years before immigrants started being processed in the halls of Ellis Island but it was interesting none the less.

Here is a few pictures from Ellis Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment