Sunday, November 28, 2004

10:40 AM Sunday November 28, 2004

Looking out the window beside the computer, the sky is blue and full of fluffy white clouds. It was very cold (meaning the sky was clear) last night so we figured it would be sunny today. Phil hopes to wash the motorhome and get her ready for our "maiden voyage" so to speak. Gotta look good for the pictures, right? One day and counting ...

We did the laundry yesterday. Our first experience using a laundromat (until the sale closed, I was doing our laundry at the house) and I've just discovered the SECOND thing I miss about my former lifestyle ... my own washer and dryer. The FIRST of course, was our king size bed. Then, we discovered that if the motorhome was perfectly level, and I wasn't rolling off the bed all night, it was actually a pretty good mattress. Anyway, from start to finish, it took about two hours and cost about $10 in quarters. It was $1.25 to wash and quarter for nine minutes to dry. I was paranoid about germs so Phil wiped out the washers with germicidal wipes and I felt a little better ... then, a young man walked in with a wet (dirty) jacket and threw it in a dryer and I realized we didn't wipe out the dryers before we used them ... so much for being careful about bugs! I've decided that doing laundry every two weeks will be often enough and then I can fill up the machines (I am anal about sorting and only washed half loads) so I won't feel quite so "ripped off." We entertained ourselves by reading but even so, the two hours seemed like all afternoon. I hope the laundromats in the RV parks are cleaner than this one for public use. Either that, or I become less compulsive about the way I do our washing. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! Tomorrow is the big day! On our trip west I used the laudromat in the campgrounds and they were actually just fine. In fact, I actually thought it wasn't too bad because I put the clothes in, sat at the pool and read a book, and had them all done and folded in no time. Spending those quarters was annoying but.....I was still traveling and living my dream, so I adjusted. If I win the lottery though, I would buy a motorhome with a washer and dryer. Good luck and much happiness on your big day tomorrow.....I will be thinking about you! Margie in TN

    ReplyDelete