Thursday, September 02, 2004

9:00 AM Wednesday, September 1, 2004

We had a surprise visit Tuesday afternoon from my sister, Dixie and her husband Paul. It was Paul's first look at our new home on wheels. After taking a tour of the work Phil is doing in the house, we came out to the motorhome and Phil made some coffee (Paul is a coffee-holic). While we were chatting away, Randy dropped by to return my laptop and stayed for a "cup o' Joe". [Note: That's an old World War II, U.S. Army expression my dad often used - he thought it was funny because his name was Joe ... guess you had to be there ;-) ]. I haven't checked it yet (and we didn't talk too much about it) but I assume Randy found the reason for the glitches in Excel and I know he reinstalled Word but also had to uninstall the printer driver. In retrospect, I don't remember his explanation about why that was necessary; I'll have to ask next time I see him. Today, he has a followup visit with his urologist and if there isn't any continued or imminent treatment on the calendar, he's heading south for a family reunion in Utah where his parents and siblings live. Do you think these computers can behave themselves while he's gone? Time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment