Thursday, September 02, 2004

8:27 AM Saturday, August 28, 2004

They kept Randy overnight at St. Pete's. Technical difficulties ... standard procedure ... they won't let him go home until the plumbing works to their satisfaction. After not getting back to Shelton until 1:00 AM, Phil is heading back over this morning to see how things went during the night. Even though I don't anticipate going anywhere, he's driving Randy's truck so I'm not stranded. Having only one vehicle is a unique experience for us ... we've always had at least two (sometimes more) over the years. ** Last Wednesday I checked in with my internist and she looked over my blood sugar record for the prior three weeks. I was thrilled with the numbers because they're lower than they've been for years but she wants them even lower (like normal ... hmmmm?) so she tweeked my medication schedule just a little more. Also, my blood pressure had dropped to near PERFECT ;-) after creeping steadily upwards over the past year. Then, to top off all this good news ... I'd lost another seven pounds! That's a total of 15 pounds in two and a half months ... or since Phil retired! Could it be that in order to save money, we've reduced the amount of times we eat "out" and consequently, I've reduced my calorie, fat and carbohydrate intake and I'm losing weight ... duh ... ? None of this has been conscious, I'm certainly eating anything I please (minus regular sugar of course) but whatever I'm doing, it's working for me and I'm not complaining! ** We received a very positive e-mail from our dear friends, Ardella and Don in Arizona telling us that their business dealings are finally falling into place and it looks like they will soon be out from under all their long-term responsibilities and be able to really retire. With any luck, they will be on the road, heading north in the very near future! Yeah!! ** About September 15th, we will be moving our motorhome over to Les and Gloria's house (just across town, about a mile from here) where they will provide "full hookups" (including cable TV and high speed Internet for us ;-) from just before the garage sale until the house sells

No comments:

Post a Comment